Wednesday, March 05, 2008

SEO Newbie

I have a new super secret project I am working on and as a result I am learning a great deal of new skills. It is a web based project and to that end I have started reading up on SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) with a view to applying these new skills in the near future.

The first thing that strikes you as a SEO newbie is where do I start? There seems to be a mountain of information out on the web, but as always sorting the wheat from the chaff is not easy. Also, a lot of the blogs assume quite a bit of domain knowledge. There don't seem to be too many people answering the really simple questions like "what exactly is a keyword?" and what does SERP stand for? (Search Engine Results Page by the way).

To that end I am going to start posting any little tid bits of information that I think might be useful to a real SEO newbie in the hope that I might help someone short cut the whole process somewhat. To start off with, here is a list of blogs that I've found to be really useful and contain well written and insightful content:
Lots more to come on this topic, and hopefully I'll be able to provide some insight on SEO considerations specific to ASP.NET development soon.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home