Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tomboy for windows

When working in Windows I like to use as much Open Source software as possible to make my environment as familiar to my Linux desktop as I can. I have many of the popular applications installed such as Firefox, Thunderbird, Gimp, MySql, and XEmacs (who said XEmacs wasn't popular?!).

Recently a Tomboy preview for windows became available and a few nights ago I finally got round to installing on my laptop. Tomboy is a great application and works the way a note taking application should work.

The install is a little fiddly if you are running Vista due to a bug in the Gtk runtime installer, but it's not too challenging to get running.

If you've ever wanted an application to quickly jot notes into I throughly recommend you give Tomboy a try.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home