Monday, April 28, 2008

Spring.NET on Mono

It's been a while since my last post because I've been extremely busy hacking away to get Spring.NET working on Mono. I've basically got a working solution now so we should hopefully get the changes committed back into the Spring.NET repositories in the next couple of weeks.

It's been a bit of an interesting road so far - transistioning our application onto Mono - and I am a bit surprised at how many framework bugs I've discovered. I've submitted one patch so far for a very minor bug in the TypeDescriptor class, however I still have three more patches to write and submit at this point. I wouldn't have thought that the parts of the framework we are using were especially esoteric but perhaps I'm wrong.

Now all I need is stepping debugger integration in MonoDevelop and I won't have to boot into Vista ever again!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home