Monday, March 14, 2005

Oslo and the news

I have just come back from a great weekend in Oslo. It's a interesting place although not really at all like Stockholm which came as a bit of surprise to me. Anthea and I did as much site seeing as we could getting to the Viking ship museum, Folk museum, sculpture park and ski jump in the one and a half days we were there. I'll post the photos to the travelling section of my website shortly.

Saw this on slashdot today. It appears that MDRobotics (makers of the Canada arm I & II on the International Space Station) have been working on a similar project to me. They have created some software that can reconstruct a 3d model of a scene photographed by a stereo camera system. Their software also uses Lowe's SIFT features.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home