Monday, January 31, 2005

Finally, some progress!

I need to start updating my blog a little more often. I finally started making some real progress on my vision system this weekend. I have been working on this project (in various forms and incarnations) for over a year now so it's pretty neat to finally start getting somewhere.

I can now extract Scale Invariant features from images and match feature sets between stereo images. This doesn't sound like much, but it is the first very important step to making my SLAM (Simultanious Localisation And Mapping) vision system a reality!

A huge thanks to Sebastian Nowozin whose
libsift project and emails really helped get me off the ground.

Oh and the Egypt photos I posted are from my recent holiday there. I'll eventually get round to putting up a proper page on my website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home